Gran-sorb Features & Benefits
Gran-sorb all-purpose loose granular absorbent is clean, safe, effective, highly absorbent, and environmentally responsible.
Gran-sorb granules absorb oils, solvents, lubricants, coolants, water, and most non-aggressive liquids on contact. Because Gran-sorb is made using waste material from select paper mills, it is safe for the environment and can be used on almost all types of spills and clean-ups.
Gran-sorb absorbent is clean
EPA SPILL RESPONSE - Gran-Sorb We eliminated our floor cleaning routines on overtime, and reduced annual absorbent purchases by two-thirds.
- Dust-free – safe and clean in use
- Cleans up easily – absorbs on contact
- Leaves no stains
- Non-abrasive, non-scouring, helps extend equipment life and floor life
- High BTU value/low ash content makes for easy disposal & incineration
- Wind-resistant – effective for outdoor clean-up
Gran-sorb absorbent is safe
- Safe for all types of spills
- Contains NO CRYSTALLINE SILICA
- No hazardous materials exposure
Gran-sorb absorbent is effective
- Soaks up spills fast
- Retains and holds liquids until clean-up is complete – no leaching
- Non-scouring for easy use on floors and work surfaces
- Anti-static, good for a wide variety of clean-up applications
- Safe for use in food manufacturing facilities
Gran-sorb absorbent is highly absorbent
- Selectively absorbs oil in water
- 1:1 absorbency ratio (weight-to-weight)
- 30 lbs of Gran-sorb absorbent will absorb 30 lbs of oil – approximately 4 gallons
- Absorbs better than clay and other industrial absorbents
Gran-sorb absorbent is environmentally responsible and organically listed
- Made from an EPA inert certified material – “paper”
- Contains no dangerous or hazardous materials
- 100% biodegradable – breaks down naturally
- Keeps thousands of tons of waste materials out of landfills annually
- Made from 100% post-consumer waste materials
- Gran-sorb is OMRI Listed and safe for organic uses
Gran-sorb absorbent is readily available
- Packaged in 30 lb sturdy poly bags – 65 bags per pallet
- Easily packaged and palletized for overseas container shipment
- Made in the USA – available through our dedicated Gran-sorb distributor network, local dealers, and our private label product partners worldwide
Gran-sorb absorbent is the loose granular absorbent with a difference. It delivers the performance you want plus the level of safety and environmental protection you need.
EPA SPILL RESPONSE - Gran-Sorb We reduced disposal weight by 87%. That was a $325,000 savings in disposal cost in the first year.
Industrial absorbents that contain clays (silicates) or diatomaceous earth (amorphous silica) may represent a health hazard. The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) estimates that more than one million American workers are at risk of developing silicosis. (Source: NIOSH Alert; request in preventing silicosis and deaths in construction workers, Cincinnati, OH; U.S. Department of Health and Human Service, Public Health Service, Centers for Disease Control, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, DHHS [NIOSH] Publication No. 96-112, p. 2).