Weld Anywhere - Tactical Welder
Available on GSA Advantage:
Visit the GSA Advantage website and search for "Tactical Welder" or Product # UT-4800
Features & Benefits:
- Completely battery-powered system – no power cords, heavy cables or generators.
- Ultimate portability – all components are designed to be stored/transported in the included backpack. The bag provides a holster for the spool gun and tools, allowing for one-hand welding operations.
- State-of-the-art, electronic battery management system uses high capacity lithium-ion batteries to provide consistent power and safely controls charging and discharging functions.
- 7 amp intelligent charger - communicates with the battery management system to charge and level all eight cells to the maximum capacity. Can stay connected to the battery at all times.
- The system includes a high current contactor for cold tip operation. Clamp the ground, pull the trigger and weld.
Introducing Tactical Welder
The Welder comes complete with:
- GSA Part #: UT-8400
- Product Description: Tactical Welder - Portable battery powered welding system
- Dimensions: 24 x 18 x 12 (610 x 457 x 305)
- Power: 300A
- Weight (lbs): 35
Frequently Asked Questions:
What kind of power does the Tactical Welder have?
It holds about ½ kW of energy and 300 amps. It is 26.4 Volts.
What kind of welding is the Tactical Welder capable of?
The Welder is capable of MIG and flux core welding using a wire feed gun.
How long can the Tactical Welder operate?
It can continuously weld for approximately 18 minutes. At a 30% duty cycle, the Welder can weld for approximately 54 minutes. The Welder’s gun holds a one lb. spool of wire and the Welder has shown to be able to weld half of that on a single charge. The actual amount of weld or wire used is dependent on a number of factors. Results may vary.
What comes with the Tactical Welder?
The Tactical Welder includes a Battery Management System (includes the batteries), a welding wire feed gun (variable speed), a 300A ground clamp, a 7A, 120/240 V battery recharger, and a custom backpack.
What size wire does the Tactical Welder use?
The Welder can use wire from 0.030” to 0.052”.
What thicknesses of steel or metal can be welded with the Tactical Welder?
From 1/8” to 1/2” (3.2 mm to 12.7 mm).
How long does it take to recharge the battery pack?
From full discharge, the battery pack takes approximately 2.5 hours to charge fully. From partial discharge, it takes approximately 1 to 1.3 hours.
What type of safety features are built into the Battery Management System (BMS)?
The BMS monitors discharge and re-charge of each cell and controls the power and heat during working cycles. If the temperature of the cells gets too high, the BMS is capable of cutting the power off to protect the battery.
Are Battery Packs available separately?
Yes, Battery Packs can be purchased separately to provide a back-up.
How much does the Tactical Welder weigh?
The complete system (including the backpack) weighs 27 lbs.
Is the Tactical Welder capable of welding aluminum?
Yes, but thinner aluminum could be burned through if the user is not adept at welding aluminum.
Does it have a “cold tip” feature?
Yes, as well as some other features to promote maximum safety.
How long are the leads?
The leads are six feet in length.
Can the Tactical Welder be used with argon or another inert gas?
Yes, there is a tube in the gun for connecting to an inert gas. To allow a gas bottle to fit into the backpack with the welder, we recommend using a “paintball” size gas cylinder.
Can the Tactical Welder be used underwater?
No, it should not be submerged in water for any reason.
Can the unit TIG or stick weld?
The Tactical Welder cannot TIG or stick weld.